Monday 18 September 2023

Well done. Amazon!

Credit where it´s due...after my rant the other day about Shein (who have still not refunded me), I want to praise Amazon for their excellent customer service.

I bought a pottery tool from Amazon.uk about a month ago and had it delivered to my granddaughter who lives in England. I do this from time to time to get things which are unavailable here, but don´t have them delivered to me in Brazil because the import tax would double the cost of the item. My granddaughter then passes my purchases to whichever family member is coming here next.

So far so good. I received my tool yesterday but unfortunately found it was defective, in fact completely useless. According to their site I was entitled to a refund, within 30 days of purchase, after they received the returned item. The thirty days were up today. To return the item would take weeks and be expensive, but after some hassle with the automated system (my problem didn´t fit their solutions), I finally managed to exchange messages with a human being and explain the situation. Within minutes and after consulting his supervisor the answer came back that they would make an exception and give me a full refund and I didn´t have to try and return the tool. Wow, that made my day.

No ifs, no buts, no runaround - Amazon I take my hat off to you.

4 comments:

  1. That is great you will get a full refund and don't have to return the tool and good to hear a praise for customer service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit where credit is due, it is too easy just to criticize.

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness you got a refund.
    I made a SheIn purchase last week and by mistake ordered 2 of one item. I told them immediately id made a mistake and they changed the order to just 1.
    Amazon should have excellent customer service but it's not always the case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you didn´t have a problem with Shein. I´ve never used Amazon customer service before and it was a pleasant surprise.

      Delete