Thursday 14 September 2023

A bit of green

The treadmills at my gym are upstairs, 24 of them in two long lines. I always try to get one near the large windows overlooking the square so that I have something to look at to pass the time.

This is my view of the square, although it is not large it is a nice green area and I live just on the other side - no excuses for not going to the gym!.

The photo is quite deceptive actually as it is less than fifty yards across. Toby used to enjoy going for walks here but I no longer take him since he lost his sight as he gets very stressed if he is not sure where he is. Also it is not that clean. Unfortunately people bring food to eat and discard leftovers without using a bin. This attracts rats, and there are also problems with fleas and ticks on top of the spoiled food lying around. It is amazing how quickly a dog can scarf something down even if you are being vigilant. I always kept Toby on a lead on the paved area. My friend walks her dog there and lets her of leash then wonders why she gets bad stomach, but she won´t listen to me.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for going to the gym. I haven't been in years. I found on the treadmill it helped to have something to distract me, tv preferably. The walking passed quickly.
    I would like to go again to work on leg and arm muscles. Maybe one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m surprised at myself, actually, as I find exercise boring, but I´m managing to go five days a week. We have tv screens but they mainly show surf championships and football - not my thing! I think my main incentive is that as I get older its the thought of 'use it or lose it' that keeps me going, especially since I´m hoping to do another Camino sometime.

      Delete