Sunday 3 September 2023

A good sort-out

Every once in a while I try and give my pottery area a good sort-out. We potters tend to accumulate loads of bits and bobs which 'might come in useful' because of an interesting shape, texture or possible tool. Bottle tops, pebbles, bits of wood and metal, string, yogurt pots,the list is endless. They don´t all come in handy, of course, but they do clutter things up so that you actually end up forgetting what you have stashed away.

Hence the need for an occasional blitz, which I did yesterday - and it took me all day! Everything is nice and tidy now and my memory refreshed about what I actually have, and there is a large bag of rubbish to be discarded. I must get rid of it quickly before I start rooting through 'just in case'.

No comments:

Post a Comment