Thursday 3 August 2023

A little tip

 

If your bananas are ripening too quickly here is a suggestion - once they start freckling pop them in the fridge. The skin will go black over a couple of days but when you peel the banana it remains white and firm inside.

This was a tip from my cleaner when I remarked to her the other day that I was going to freeze my excess bananas as usual. I normally peel and freeze them whole but when defrosted they are somewhat mushy and best for smoothies etc.

I´ve been eating "black" bananas for a week now and they are still perfectly fine.

Photo by Matthew Feeney at Unsplash
 

2 comments:

  1. I keep our bananas in the fridge during this extreme heat. Husband loves his bananas even though it's watermelon, peach and apricot season

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m surprised I´d never heard of keeping bananas in the fridge before, I like mine with kefir yogurt.

      Delete