Wednesday 16 August 2023

Another tip

Here is a brilliant tip I saw on Facebook the other day - unfortunately I can´t remember the name of the person who posted it.

Take a small cup and fill it with water then put it in the freezer. Once the water has frozen take the cup out, put a coin on top of the ice in the cup and return it to the freezer and leave it there.  

Next time you return from holiday or after a prolonged power cut take the cup out and check if the coin is still on top of the ice. If it has sunk this will tell you your freezer and contents have defrosted then frozen again and the food may have spoiled. If the coin is still on top all is well. So simple and so clever.

By coincidence I had a 14-hour power cut from seven o'clock last night. When the power returned I checked my cup and the coin was still in situ. Result!

2 comments: