Tuesday 8 August 2023

Frustration

It has been a bit of a morning and I feel very crotchety...

I bought my medication via the internet, as usual, but for some reason the transaction went wrong. I´d followed all the usual steps up to and including payment but the chemist´s system did not acknowledge my payment or send my order number despite the sum having been deducted from my account.

I tried phoning but got enmeshed in an automated system because my problem was not on their list of options and I couldn´t get through to a human being. In desperation I went to one of the local branches to see if they could help, but even they couldn´t sort it out after half an hour on the phone. After much discussion I managed to convince them to give me my medication as I could prove I had already paid for it, although it wasn´t really their problem. 

That was a result, at least, but it took up so much time that I missed my gym session, had to rush around the farmers market and had a very late lunch.

When the internet works it is excellent but when it doesn´t it´s a nightmare.

2 comments:

  1. That damn internet. You're lucky you got it sorted. There are moments you want to strangle someone.....if you could find a 'someone'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree, 'strangle' is right. I shall soon be posting about my Shein saga, still ongoing, driving me nuts!

      Delete