Monday 14 August 2023

Shein - not recommended

Dear Shein,

Over the last three weeks you have sent me 13 identical e-mails (in Spanish! - we actually speak Portuguese in Brazil) - translated they say:

Dear

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. We have arranged a refund for you in accordance with your request* and the refund has been deposited in your original payment account. If you do not receive your refund please check your payment account again. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. Best wishes

Customer Care Center

*not requested!

You send me the same e-mail - without my name -  every time I tell you the refund has not been deposited. I think it is about time you used a human being to reply to me, although your e-mails come from Henry, Hilary, Paul, Abby etc. they are obviously computer generated (nice touch using Western names, by the way).

I originally made a small purchase from you in May. Small because as a first time buyer I was cautious (thank goodness), wanting to make sure you were trustworthy and reliable. I waited 41 days for my parcel to arrive. The tracking system eventually claimed it had been delivered, which was not the case. My building reception has 24 hour cover and all deliveries have their bar code read and are registered on the computer. The receptionists are reliable and honest. It is also rather strange the "delivery" was on a Sunday.

Despite my queries you kept insisting the parcel was delivered but would not tell me the name of the courier company or of the person who signed for it. Instead you initially offered me a 60% refund, then in subsequent replies increased it slowly to 90%. I never actually accepted your refund offer but eventually you claimed I had and that it had been deposited in my account. That was nearly a month ago.

I don´t know if you are dishonest or incompetent, or just don´t give a toss about the odd dissatisfied customer. Accountability doesn´t seem to form part of your vocabulary. There is a consumer site here in Brazil called Reclame Aqui which has numerous similar complaints about you. I wish I´d checked it before buying from you. All I do know is I bought from you in good faith, have received neither my goods nor a refund and you obviously intend to just keep on sending me automated replies when I contact you. The sum involved is not large, but that is not the point. 

The correct and honest thing to do would be for you to send me a replacement item, free of charge, or give me a full refund. Neither of these is going to happen, I´m sure.

A disgusted customer

I woz robbed!

2 comments:

  1. All the family here including me buy from SheIn but probably because we are in Europe we have never had problems. Orders usually take a week to ten days.
    I certainly wouldn't use SheIn anymore if I was in your shoes. I can just imagine the frustration of trying to get any sense out of that Chinese giant. Thank goodness your order was a small one money wise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say, it really is frustrating. Years ago I bought some pottery tools from Alibaba which got caught up in Customs here and were sent back to China. Alibaba immediately gave me a refund without any hassle. Shein could at least offer some channel of communication other than an automated computer.

      Delete