Saturday 12 August 2023

Stars in my eyes!

 

Well, that was a good´un. I managed to slam a kitchen cupboard door on my thumb so hard it sliced through the cuticle to the nail bed. It was incredibly painful and I saw stars...there might have been some swearing as I stomped up and down until the pain wore off and I realised I was dripping blood on the kitchen floor.

It had to be my right hand, of course, so putting on a bandage was difficult. I can understand how we outstripped the chimps evolution-wise with our opposable thumbs because it has been difficult managing the last couple of days without mine - it is also the same thumb I scalped on my mandolin not so long ago. Ho hum as John Gray would say.

Photo by Jan Antonin Kolar atUnsplash 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, you had me holding my thumb in sympathy lol. Hope its useable sooner than later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At least Toby got out of having a bath today lol.

      Delete