Thursday 31 August 2023

Birthday

Birthday girl! Older but no wiser at 77! This was my first treat of the day, taken out by a granddaughter for breakfast, followed by cake. Later my daughter and SIL took me out to a festival, followed by lunch. Then I had an evening visit from son, DIL and grandchildren, and more cake, followed by a long phone call with my son in England. A lovely day all round.

I´ve spent the rest of the week trying to suss out the present I gave myself - a sewing machine. I already have an old one which I brought with me from England, but it is so heavy and also needs adjusting, which I can´t seem to get right. I am completely self-taught when it comes to sewing, in other words I don´t really know what I´m doing. When I first started sewing there was no You Tube with useful videos. Now, at least, with my new toy I can look things up. It is just a simple machine, nothing fancy and very light. I´ve managed to make a pillowcase for my very long body pillow and only jammed the bobbin six times...happy days.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy birthday and many more of them just like that. Sounds perfect to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, it really was perfect!

    ReplyDelete