Sunday 30 July 2023

Clothes

What better way to spend a Sunday than going through your wardrobe?


Like most women I find that as I get older the weight starts creeping up. I´m not overweight - according to my gynae I´ve put on 1 kilo in the last three years - but I could do with losing that and another kilo as well. The problem is that my weight seems to have re-distributed itself and settled on my tum. This means that some of my tops are getting a bit snug, and if there is one look I hate it is clothes pulled tight across a big belly...hence the wardrobe reorganizing.

I decided to try on every single top I have and discard those that no longer fit nicely - no keeping any because they may "fit me later"! My cleaner will find a good home for them through her church since there are no charity shops here I could donate them to. 

I am parting with some reluctantly, favourites which are borderline, but I am being firm. Except, that is, when it came to a lovely green and gold top with an Indian motif and a large Ohm on the front. It was a present from my daughter and I just couldn´t part with it. Instead I put it on, stuffed the largest pillow I could find up my front, and have been walking around like that all morning to try and stretch it...it is a good job I live alone!

Photo by Peter Plashkin at Unsplash
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been getting rid of a lot of clothes too. Trying to get rid of them is a big problem. No charity shops here either and the church no longer takes them.
    Good luck with the stretching! Got to keep those favourites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the stretching worked...so long as it doesn´t shrink back to size on the hanger.

      Delete