Sunday 28 August 2022

Money-saving

I have just discovered a good money-saving tip. I don´t know if it applies elsewhere but here in Brazil it is a simple way to cut costs. When you purchase something via the internet as in most places it is usually cheaper than buying it over the counter from the same shop. The only niggle is the delivery charge which can be quite high. Here, you are given the option by some vendors to buy via the internet then pick the item up from the shop thus saving on delivery charges. 

This morning I bought some Nivea cream from the chemist. It would have cost me R$38 over the counter. On the internet it was R$27, with an offer of two for R$44 and no delivery charge if I picked them up. My local branch of this chemist is only five minutes walk away...I made a saving of R$32. I only wish I had known about this sooner!

Photo by Ibrahim Rifath at Unsplash
 

2 comments:

  1. I am not involved in on-line shopping so I wouldn't know but I do see people collecting items they have ordered on line from shops. Perhaps they are making a saving. It sounds like your saving is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have avoided on-line shopping for ages, as a thrifty Yorkshire woman I´m not an impulse buyer, but these sort of savings are a nice surprise.

      Delete