Friday 2 September 2022

The cup that cheers


Sadly I am coming to the end of my hoard of teabags bought on my last trip to England. I´ve tried to make them last as long as possible by not drinking tea every day and using each bag twice, but nothing lasts forever. 

It´s not as if you can´t buy teabags here but look at the difference in the above photo, a miserly local teabag on the left and a nice plump English one on the right. Tea, or black tea as it is known here, is regarded as a herbal tea and drunk very weak and without milk. I would have to use about four bags to get a reasonable cup of tea and even so it doesn´t taste the same. This is all very sad and I only hope I manage to visit England at the end of the year to stock up again.

4 comments:

  1. We don't think that you can beat a good old cuppa - we feel the same as you! Thought of you today when we were in Mr. Sainsbury. Hope that you are able to get a supply soon.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, fingers crossed for December!

      Delete
  2. I used to send tea bags to Charly when she was living in Mexico City.

    ReplyDelete