Tuesday 2 August 2022

Dreaming of elephants

Like most people I probably dream every night but unless I am awoken in the middle of a dream I don´t usually remember what it was about. I do know that they are often of the "being in a rush and everything going wrong" variety.

The other night I had a strange dream which I remember vividly, though. For a start it was about elephants (or ozents as my brother used to call them when he was little). I dreamt that a young mother elephant was in my home with two little babies. She looked more like a cartoon elephant than a real one and her babies, who were absolutely tiny, looked like real elephants but the size of a mouse. Mum was normal-size.

The babies used to sleep in my bed and one morning when I got up I trod on something icy cold and squidgy and found it was one of the babies which must have fallen out of bed. I was sure I had killed it and started looking for the other one which I found still in my bed, nice and warm and alive. I picked up and cradled the poor little dead one in my cupped hands and suddenly realised that it was warming up and slowly coming back to life again, so I kept cuddling it until it had fully recovered. Then I woke up.

No idea what that was all about!

2 comments:

  1. Strange dream! It's good it ended with both baby elephants alive and well.

    ReplyDelete