Friday 3 December 2021

Time...where does it go?

Time seems to have sped up lately, I thought it was only a couple of days since my last post but I see it has been longer. I´ve a good excuse though as I´ve been very busy. 

About once a year I do a very thorough spring clean. I loath housework and usually get by doing just the minimum but every once in a while I get the urge to do a 'proper' job. The trouble is I get carried away and it takes about two or three days to do each room. I empty all cupboards, drawers etc, wash all the paintwork, sort and organise everything, catch up on all the niggling little jobs and so on...it is pretty hard work...I am 75, after all!

I´m about halfway through, thank goodness, but I wish I weren´t so pernickety, it gets pretty tiring. I also can´t put the rest of my life on hold so I have to keep stopping to do other things. At least this all means I am slowly getting rid of 'stuff', anyway. One of my granddaughters has just moved into her first flat and was delighted to get most of my Christmas decorations!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about how fast time goes, especially when you get older I think.
    You must be very pleased with all your cleaning and sorting. I have a huge garden that starts completely taking me over in the spring so my cleaning blitzs are usually in the autumn.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the kitchen and living-room left to do thank goodness, but I´m taking a break for a couple of days to catch up on other things. I wish I still had a garden, when I lived in England I grew all my own fruit and veg.

      Delete