Sunday 26 December 2021

Well, that was very nice!

I had a lovely Christmas Eve with a large family party at my son´s  house. Here the 24th is the important date with a feast, presents and a very late night. I got home at half past two in the morning! It was a bit weird as some of us wore masks most of the time but at least we were all together. I only hope there are no repercussions. 

Christmas Day I spent with my daughter and son in law. We had a nice meal and a quiet relaxing time after our hectic night before. All in all a very enjoyable Christmas with two contrasting celebrations. 

Today I am gently pottering about at home and giving Toby some attention as he´s been unavoidably left on his own a bit these last couple of days. He´s usually fine "home alone" as he normally goes to sleep when I´m out. For Christmas I gave him some squeaky toys he´d inherited from my son´s Labrador who sadly died a few weeks ago. His favourite seems to be the rubber chicken although it is nearly as big as he is as the toys are all naturally for a much larger dog. The squeaks drive Toby frantic and he is playing with them so much he has just conked out from exhaustion!


 


9 comments:

  1. Great that you've enjoyed meeting your family Sansthing. We had a quiet Christmas as most of our family live in the south-east of England but we really enjoyed ourselves. It goes without saying how much we loved that pic of Toby. I know that you said he's not too keen on petting but I'd really love to make a fuss of him!
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likes being stroked, just not sitting on laps! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice time. Our cats miss us if we are out for any length of time, they come to meet us. lol Probably because they are Hungary but I like to kid myself that it's because they miss us, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don´t think Toby misses me much when I go out, he usually goes to sleep!

      Delete
  3. I think John Gray's dogs have this toy, or did once upon a time. I spent Christmas Day alone and Boxing Day. I have been keeping occupied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping occupied is good. I´ll be alone New Year´s Eve enjoying some wine and a Vera catch-up. Toby is terrified by all the fireworks and I´d rather be here for him.

      Delete
    2. I suspect like me you spend a lot of time alone. These holiday days/evenings are no different to any other day/evenings are they!?

      Delete
    3. Yes, you´re right Rachel, I do spend a lot of time alone. Being somewhat of an introvert I am quite happy being on my own. With a large family and several friends here in my building I can chat or see someone whenever I feel like it but I do need my own space.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete