Wednesday 22 December 2021

Christmas

It looks like our traditional large family Christmas is going ahead this year,  with about twenty people. Last year we kept the numbers down and I was one of four with my daughter, son in law and granddaughter. I am somewhat concerned about this year´s gathering.

Although Omicron is currently spreading throughout Europe and the UK, it hasn´t really reached here yet, apart from a few cases. We know it is coming, it feels rather like watching the massive wave of a tsunami approaching, all you can do is take precautions, brace yourself and hope for the best. Oh well!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have decisions such as this to make but if it is of any consolation it appears that Omicron is mild and barely noticeable. I suppose as with all viruses it is always worse for those who have underlying health issues, asthma, smokers etc. and they should consider whether it is worth the risk to mix in large groups or stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we´ll be OK for Christmas as it hasn´t really taken hold here yet, but after that I intend to hunker down and await developments x

      Delete
  2. We do hope that it all goes to plan for you. Sounds like you have a lot of family near you in Brazil. We hope that you have a lovely Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, I hope you have a lovely Christmas too and all the best for the New Year.

      Delete