Saturday 27 November 2021

Fumigation

It is really stuffy in my flat at the moment, with all the windows and door closed. The public areas in the building are being fumigated today for mosquitos and cockroaches. This occurs every few months and we are always warned to avoid these areas for a few hours while it is being done, especially with pets. The pesticide is obviously toxic and white clouds come billowing up past the windows during the process.

I´ve taken the precaution of spraying insecticide round my door to stop any fleeing cockroaches coming in. I haven´t had any here for years thank goodness, as they give me the heebie jeebies. Later on there will be dead ones lying around in the car park and dying ones staggering about on their last legs. Not very pleasant! Toby will not be going out today.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh - I don't think that I would like to cope with all that Sansthing! It's so interesting to read your blog from another country and learn what is normal routine for you there.
    Do hope that you have fully recovered from your recent surgery.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ve quite recovered thanks Wendy. I´m really lucky that I can afford good medical care. I´m glad you are enjoying glimpses of life elsewhere.

      Delete