Monday 15 November 2021

Poor little dead duck...

I believe there is a medical term for the condition where someone mishears or misinterprets what they hear, although I can´t remember it. When I was a child I did this often and even now do it occasionally.

My parents used to enjoy listening to The Platters when I was young, on vinyl 78´s, that´s how long ago it was. One day, I must have been about eight at the time, I commented to them that although I liked most of the songs I found one in particular rather sad, I believe it was Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered, but I can´t really recall. When they asked me why I explained that the song was about a poor little dead duck. After much cogitation and actually playing the record so they could hear what I was referring to, it turned out it was the chorus which went...du diddle de du! Needless to say that became a family joke.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment