Sunday 27 November 2022

Packing...


Well, things are gradually getting resolved. When I went downstairs yesterday the fridge was no longer in the hall and the lift door was in place, so I guess that problem was sorted. Best of all, though, I have managed to re-book my flight. I was originally traveling at 1am on the eighth (the cabin crew are striking on the eighth and ninth) but I have succeeded in changing my reservation to 11pm on the seventh, just an hour before the strike begins and only two hours before my original flight, which means all my travel plans and bookings are still ok. Lets hope the strikers don´t change their dates!

Now I have started thinking about packing. My usual modus operandi is to leave an open case out a couple of weeks before my trip and to drop things into it every time I remember something I will need. Then when I finally come to actually pack I just have to weed out the unnecessary items. That works for me, anyway. 

The thing is that I am so used to packing only the most essential and lightest items, to be carried in a rucksack for several weeks while I walk several hundred miles. The accepted wisdom is that you carry no more than 10% of your body weight...so seven kilos to include clothes, footwear, rain wear, sleeping bag, toiletries, water, food...every gram counts. Now I can take over thirty kilos in two suitcases and I´m finding it difficult to get my head round it.

 Photo by Arnel Hasanovic - Unsplash
 

3 comments:

  1. It is good to read that your travel booking has been changed and will now miss the planned disruption. Seems like you are now getting into gear and starting to enjoy yourself. Bet Toby is beginning to notice the signs - they are so clever.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Hello Blog Admin and anyone reading this , I was diagnosed of herpes and Hiv at the age of 24, and it runs my life until I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center- thankfully after drinking Dr itua herbal medicines for two weeks I'm completely cured which really helped me now I've had no limit how much I do massively. I had two jobs, one full time and one part time, have my horse to care for and would also help friends with their horses. Have since had to accept that I only have one job (to take care of my health) and still care for my horse with help... Dr Itua also cures all sorts of chronic illness and diseases like Herpes,Hiv/Aids,Cancer,Kidney Disease,Liver Diseases,Hepatitis,Lupus,HPV,Diabetes,COPD, And other health conditions anyone may have in their body. Dr Itua uses his herbal medicineTo cure those diseases.
    Visit his herbal website www.drituaherbalcenter.com/shop or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com This is an illness I wouldn't wish on my enemy

    ReplyDelete