Thursday 3 November 2022

Just a little pinch


Toby has a bit of a cough from time to time to clear his throat from mucous, mostly when he wakes up after a snooze. I thought I´d try a home remedy before resorting to the vet. According to several Google sources cinnamon or honey may help. He is only a little fella so a pinch of cinnamon sprinkled on his kibble is the recommended dose. I was a bit dubious about his accepting it at first, but he loves it! He is somewhat of a reluctant eater but now he scoffs his food as soon as I put it down for him. I hope the cinnamon helps his cough but even if it doesn´t at least I´ve found a way of persuading him to eat when he turns his nose up at his bowl. I wonder what he´d think of some honey? 

Photo by Rens D - Unsplash
  

2 comments:

  1. The cinnamon seems to be a win win experiment for you and Toby. What an unexpected bonus that he is loving his food now. Maybe you could try a speck of honey on your finger for him to lick and see how he reacts.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. He´s never had sweet treats so I´m not sure what he´d make of it. I´ll have to buy some for the taste test.

      Delete