Friday 14 October 2022

Knowing when to stop

Toby, newly trimmed. The trouble with being a perfectionist is knowing when to stop. I have just given Toby his monthly trim. It is always a struggle as he won´t keep still and gets very impatient, as do I. I have to keep doing bits over a couple of days until his fur is more or less the same length all over. My problem is that afterwards I keep seeing little tufts sticking out which just need a little snip...and more tufts and snips...and more. The poor lad would end up with bald patches if I didn´t control my urge to just keep neatening things up.

Later today I am taking him to the dog groomer to have his nails cut. Do they look at Toby and wonder what happened to him?

4 comments:

  1. Looking at the photo I think you did a great job trimming Toby's fur. He looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks his usual adorable self, so don't fret !
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete