Friday 7 October 2022

Go figure...

I know I blogged recently about the price difference when buying things online, giving an example of my purchase from a local chemist. Well yesterday when I needed to buy my supply of vitamin D I checked the price online and then called at the chemist out of curiosity to compare their over the counter price, since I was passing by anyway.

Most chemists charge about R$20 for a box of four tablets of vitamin D, this particular chemist was charging R$16 online. So far so good. In the shop they said with a discount it would be R$13 per box...yippee...I asked for four boxes. When I got to the till I was charged R$9 for the first box, R$4 for the second, R$9 for the third and R$4 for the fourth - making a total of R$26...go figure!

I´m quite good at maths but I can´t make head nor tail of their pricing system. It wasn´t an error as the bar codes were read into a computer. I´m not complaining, just completely mystified.

No comments:

Post a Comment