Wednesday 19 October 2022

A funny old day

This morning when I looked out of the window it appeared to be about start drizzling. Just as I was due to leave to go to the gym. 

I noticed that the glass was covered in speckles...on closer examination these proved to be fruit-flies, or banana mosquitoes as they are known here. Although they don´t bite I particularly dislike them as they not only spread germs but also try to lay their eggs on any food lying around, especially my fermenting kefir. I gave them a good zap with insecticide spray...only to find they were on the outside of the window! This meant my lovely clean window was now all smeared and needed cleaning.

After the gym I went to the only ATM which accepts my UK bank card and found it no longer works there either. I´ve now run out of options for using my card here. I´ll have to try and sort it out when I go to England in December.

Last but not least I was due to go out for dinner with two friends. One cancelled because she has come down with a bad cold, which left two of us. The second one cancelled a few hours later, unfortunately she had fallen over while out walking. Thank goodness nothing was broken but she was pretty shaken and bruised.

As I said, it has been a funny old day.

2 comments:

  1. You don't have to use bought insecticides. Just make a spray out of water+ vinegar /or + lemon juice/or +baking powder. It usually works.

    ReplyDelete