Tuesday 28 June 2022

Patience is a virtue

If patience is a virtue mine just got flushed away. I´m sitting here waiting for the plumber who has been due to come and put right a poorly done job of his from a couple of weeks ago. I have been chasing him for over a week now and even though I saw him twice and he promised to come twice he has still not appeared...

The flush on my toilet was not working properly and after I had a lot of trouble tracking down and buying the necessary parts online,  he came to fix it. Except that after a couple of days the flush malfunctioned again and now wants to run continuously unless I plunge my hand in the cistern and closed the flap manually. Give me strength...my back is not up to this!

 

4 comments:

  1. I was once faced with a similar situation, but I decided not to call the plumber back. I was afraid he'll not be able to fix his bad job.
    Anyway, I wish you Good Luck with your plumber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta! He´s actually the condominium plumber so it would be difficult to get another. He finally turned up but left the job half done and my (only) toilet out of commission. He´s supposed to return tomorrow morning...

      Delete
  2. Loved the dots at the end of your reply to Duta! What an awful situation to be in, hope that you get sorted soon.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. A bucket is not much fun when you have a bad back!

      Delete