Sunday 5 June 2022

Jubilee

I have been trying to watch the Jubilee celebrations on YouTube. The coverage is actually pretty good if you visit various sites and I have enjoyed what I have managed to watch so far. Today I shall try to see the concert, which has received a lot of praise and tomorrow I shall catch up with today´s events.

I find it extremely heartwarming to witness such a positive spectacle when the usual news is all doom and gloom and the many people who organised the whole event have done an amazing job.

I can vaguely remember attending a Coronation party at the British Embassy in Rio de Janeiro when I was about five. I was given a Coronation mug which sadly went awol at some point.


Photo by Jonny Gios on Unsplash

4 comments:

  1. I have watched far more than I expected to. It has been so good to see the Queen looking genuinely happy and William and Kate with the children as a family and Charles and Camilla and, of course, all the flag waving happy British people and the parades and concerts. I think it is good to be able to watch it live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased that you are able to see some of the Jubilee progs on YouTube. We had been dipping in and out of the days until yesterday when it was so chilly and rained all day here. A decision was made to actually sit down all afternoon with the gas fire on and actually watch all of the parade up the Mall etc. Really good and I loved the shots of the Royals being normal. Princess Anne seemed to really enjoy herself.
    Wendy (Wales)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ve managed to watch all the pageant now and, like you, I thought it was really good. Fun to see the Royals enjoying it too.

      Delete