Wednesday 8 June 2022

Creepy

Still on the Jubilee theme, I watched and enjoyed all the pageant, except for the 'human' puppets. The animal ones were wonderful, so creative and well done, but the large dolls bothered me. For as long as I can remember I have really disliked puppets, from the Laughing Policeman in arcades to ventriloquist dummies to life-size (or larger) figures...they really creep me out!


 

If they talk or move, that´s it! I especially didn´t like the very large figure in a white dress, I actually had to look away. Silly, I know, but we all have our foibles.


 Photo by Pablo Hermoso on Unsplash

 Photo by Robert  Zunikoff on Unsplas

4 comments:

  1. I don't like puppets either.
    (Have not watched the Jubilee celebrations as I'm not pro monarchy, and take little interest in the royal family).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it´s not just me...I´ve no idea where this phobia came from, something from my childhood no doubt.

      Delete
  2. I agree and there were lots in that Parade. I really loved the mechanical corgi dogs but not the outfit worn by the woman who was interviewing the lady with the group.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were lots, I agree. I liked the elephants and the dragon best.

      Delete