Sunday 1 May 2022

Shower or bath?

 

I honestly can´t remember the last time I had a bath...thinking back it was probably sometime in the 80´s, in England. That was the last time I lived somewhere where there was a bathtub, anyway.

I can remember my first bath, though. That was aged 18 when I moved to England to study nursing. I did not enjoy the experience. I had the water too hot, washing long hair was awkward, when I got out the contrast between hot water and cold air was unpleasant, my skin somehow appeared to remain damp and there was a grey ring left in the bath from the soap, I didn´t feel clean! 

I got used to baths over time but never enjoyed them and had a shower installed as soon as possible when I had my own place. Showers are so refreshing! You are standing under clean running water, washing your hair is so easy and you come out feeling great, or at least I do!

I suppose a bath involving foam, rose petals and candles could be a relaxing experience, especially if you shower first, but I´ve never tried it. Maybe one day I´ll visit a spa just for the experience, but in the meantime I´ll stick to my shower.

Photo by Laurence Katz
 

2 comments:

  1. This house is the first house where I have ever had a shower room. It also has a bathroom. I sometimes bath in winter to ease aching and cold limbs but did not do so once this winter. Showers get the thumbs up because they are quite simply quicker. My shower is probably considered slow running, no power shower or anything, but it does the job. I don't really have strong views on showers or baths having lived for most of my life with just a bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is not a power shower either, just an ordinary electric one but it is quick, like yours, and convenient as well as being more economical,

      Delete