Thursday 5 May 2022

Seed hunt


Isn´t it always the way? Just because I fancied making a seed cake for the first time, can I find caraway seeds? Can I heck! Caraway seeds are virtually unknown here even in health-food shops.

With the help of our friend Google I´ve finally managed to track down a place which may stock them. It is a bit of a trek but I am going there this afternoon anyway as they seem to have a good selection of other items I also want. Here´s hoping!

Photo by Katrina Wright on Unsplash
 

2 comments:

  1. I have never made a seed cake but can remember it being a favourite of a relative of mine years ago. Sounds like you have found an interesting place to go so good luck with finding a few other things.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, my expedition was successful, not only did I find the caraway seeds but their prices are lower than my local health-food shop, so I´ll definitely be shopping there again.

      Delete