Friday 16 April 2021

Vaccine lottery

I had my second jab of the Coronavac vaccine today, and again kept a close eye on proceedings. My timing wasn´t so good this time as it took about an hour to get seen. I should have gone last Monday but news reports said the latest information on this vaccine is that an increased interval of 21-28 days makes it more effective. Since it has also now been announced it is only 50.7% effective anyway anything to up the odds is worth it. And that is if the information is accurate since it is from incomplete and unverified data supplied by the manufacturer. For all we know they may be being economical with the truth since the WHO benchmark for vaccines is 50%. Just hope for the best I guess.

Which vaccine you get is really the luck of the draw, though. A close friend who lives in my condominium went for her vaccine a week before me at the same clinic where I had mine and was given the Pfizer one. My youngest son was vaccinated elsewhere and was given the AstraZeneca one...he works for the police as a forensic photographer so ends up going to all sorts of unsavoury places, thus his entitlement to a jab.

In a couple of weeks I´ll also be getting my annual ´flu jab. Hopefully then all bases will be covered!

2 comments:

  1. Same situation here for us in US. No choice possible as you only find out on the day of appointment what's being given. I got the Pfizer 2x jabs with little to no side effects after. Looks like the Johnson and Johnson one dose vaccine has been temporarily halted here due to blood clot issues. It's a puzzler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you´ve had yours. I´ve a feeling it is going to become a routine annual event like the ´flu jab eventually.

    ReplyDelete