Friday 9 April 2021

HRH Prince Philip

I was very sorry to read the news today of the death of Prince Philip. At his age and with his recent health problems not altogether unexpected but still a sad day, especially for the Queen after so many years together.

I remember being presented to him when he came to Brazil a long time ago (I was sixteen at the time). There was a reception at the British Club and my family had been invited because my mother had an English school. Prince Philip was most charming, addressing a few words to each person as he moved along the line. Somewhere I believe there are photos, including one of me in hat and gloves, lovely memory anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a nice memory. You must now look for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are with one of my children, I gave them most of my father´s things after he died. If I find them I´ll post one on the blog!

    ReplyDelete