Friday 30 April 2021

The new normal

It is strange how if you repeatedly do something unusual it eventually becomes routine and you don´t even think about it. Who´d have thought over a year ago that as you gather keys, bag etc to leave home you also automatically grab and put on a mask, that you change footwear at the front door and rub alcohol on your hands frequently. 

I´ve noticed that as well as the above habits I also keep my left hand "clean" while I am out, never touching anything with it so that I can use it to push my glasses up or adjust my mask. My "contaminated" right hand is used to summon the lift, open and close doors and use my electronic tag to go through the two security gates as I leave my building. I wonder how long it will take for us to forget this new normal and get back to the old normal again.

2 comments:

  1. I am wondering this too Sansthing. I mostly thought that I would be unaffected by Lockdown but I now know this to be not true and I fear in many ways how I will be with "normal", new or old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I live alone and enjoy my own company I initially thought lockdown would not really affect me but I now realise I become quite anxious about things which never bothered me before. I refuse to become a timid little old lady so I hope this wears off!

      Delete