Thursday 22 April 2021

In court again!

 I have spent another afternoon in court, albeit virtually, while my case trundles on and witnesses are heard. It is very tiring and stressful and so far there is no end in sight. I am reminded of  Dickens and Jarndyce v Jarndyce in Bleak House where a legal wrangle was so long drawn out as to eat up whatever inheritance there was. The judge is polite and understanding but things have to follow due process and so it goes. I find it hard to believe how mendacious and brass faced some people can be, and so greedy too. I sometimes despair of the human race. when it is all over hopefully I can tell the tale.

4 comments:

  1. The legal system is slow, methodical and laborious. Greed sadly drives some people. I hope this can be over soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thank you for your comment Susan. The judge has decided in my favour several times, but the other party keeps appealing, this has been going on for nearly four years now...the legal system in Brazil is very complicated.

      Delete
  2. I hope the matter soon reaches resolution Sansthing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, hopefully right will prevail in the end.

      Delete