Monday 22 March 2021

Vaccination

I had my 1st vaccine today, as my age group finally came up. I could have actually had it on Friday but I wanted to miss the first rush where queues have been reportedly waiting three hours, also since I probably had the coronavirus a couple of weeks ago you are supposed to allow an interval before having the vaccine. My interval was not the recommended 28 days but in these uncertain times I decided not to wait any longer. My timing was excellent and there were only two people ahead of me.

Since the scandal here of people supposedly receiving the vaccine where the syringe was empty or the plunger not depressed, as filmed on the cellphones of relatives accompanying the patient,  I was determined to keep an eye on everything but it wasn´t necessary. The nurse showed me the labelled flask with the vaccine, drew it up, showed me the full syringe and then the empty one after. What a world we live in when that sort of thing is necessary.

So, I had the Coronavac with the second dose due in three weeks. I am very grateful although there is a lingering doubt. This vaccine is only being used in two or three other countries, certainly not the UK, EU or USA. It makes me wonder how effective it is and why they aren´t using it. I hope my arm aches tomorrow and I have a headache, at least I´ll feel I´m reacting to something.

4 comments:

  1. Strange you should mention it...but I was unthinkingly paying very close attention 3 weeks ago if that vial was 'full' or 'empty' as I received my first jab. My 2nd shot of Pfizer will happen on Thursday this week. Such a relief to get it over with. Glad you've started the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were several reports and videos of empty vaccines here, they made the national news and were even given a nickname of "wind vaccine"!

      Delete
  2. I am glad for you that you got your first vaccine. The more people in the world who have it the sooner we will be able to move on. I had mine a month ago and now await the second. I had the vaccine for my country and the world, not for me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree Rachel. Personally I can´t understand people refusing to have it.

      Delete