Thursday 18 March 2021

Not quite Lady Di


 When I retired fourteen years ago I treated myself to a trip to India. It was pretty hair raising as I went on my own and had a few challenging moments. I shall tell a few tales in future posts. 

The reason for my trip was to meet my Tibetan "daughter". About ten years previously I had sponsored a Tibetan refugee living in India who was about eight at the time. I contributed towards her upkeep and education and we corresponded over the years in basic English. 

She was now eighteen and I had always wanted to meet her so when I retired carpe diem as they say. 

The photo above was taken on the same seat Lady Diana sat on.

3 comments:

  1. Is that all you're going to tell us? We need to know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to tell, I´ll have to break it up into chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely incentive for your journey.

    ReplyDelete