Monday 2 October 2023

Microwave

 

I think my poor old microwave is about to give up the ghost. I´ve had it for at least ten years, so I shouldn´t complain, I suppose. 

The reason I think this is that it is not behaving consistently. I would have thought that heating the same object for the same length of time would always give the same results, but that is not happening.

In order to coax Toby to eat I make a chicken broth and freeze it in an ice tray. At feeding time I put one ice-cube in a little pot and microwave it for thirty seconds and then mix it with his kibble. I always use the same little pot and sometimes it is hot to touch and so is the broth, sometimes it is cold and the ice-cube half-melted and this morning the cube was still solid! That doesn´t feel right.

I don´t actually cook in the microwave, apart from jacket potatoes, but I use it daily for making coffee and reheating food. I cook all my meals from scratch on the stove and freeze them in portions, much easier when you are cooking for one, I find.

Well, I´ll have to see how it goes, nothing lasts forever, after all!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you really need a new one. We didn't have a microwave for years but not long ago someone gave us one. Now it's a necessity, like you I make my coffee on it and it's so useful for warming up leftovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did we use to manage without them? Lol.

      Delete