Thursday 5 October 2023

Chivalry is not dead

Today I popped out quickly to the shops without checking the weather. On the way back I got caught in a torrential downpour with no brolly. I sought shelter at a newsagent´s kiosk near home and stood there dripping while I waited for the rain to lessen. An elderly man rushed over the road and sheltered beside me before deciding to buy an umbrella from the newsagent and heading on his way. As he was leaving he turned to me and offered to buy me an umbrella also. What a gentleman! Naturally I didn´t accept although he was quite insistent, but what a lovely gesture.

Photo by Joy Stamp at Unsplash
 

2 comments:

  1. Something to give you a smile and a skip in your step on a rainy day. Yes, a gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it´s so nice to know there are still some around.

    ReplyDelete