Tuesday 2 May 2023

Income tax

I spent Labour Day doing my income tax, which I think was rather approporiate. I have been putting off doing it for a couple of months but with the deadline approaching I thought I´d better bite the bullet.

My declaration is pretty straightforward yet I always get very anxious about doing it, mainly because I don´t want to make any mistakes. Years ago my father in error paid a few hundred pound more in tax than he should have and it took nineteen years to get a refund - he´d actually died before the payment was made - hence my concern.

The difficulty as far as I´m concerned is trying to understand the financial jargon so that I enter the right figures in the correct place. Anyway, it is done now and sent off, so fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. That's quite a job to undertake. We'll done. Here the laws change so often we need an expert to sort em out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. If I´m really stumped I could use an accountant but they are rather expensive so I try and do it by myself first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for being able to do the taxes on your own!

    ReplyDelete