Saturday 2 July 2022

Trying times

It really hasn´t been my week so far. 

On Monday I went to the telephone company to try and change my contract for a cheaper one. During the process they discovered someone had used my ID to take out a contract with them! After a lot of red tape making a fraud complaint I finally went back yesterday to change my contract, which I managed to do, except that the confirmation e-mail I received when I got home had the wrong details. Now I´ll have to go back again.

Today I went to the bank to draw some cash from the ATM using my new debit card from my UK bank. This new card is to replace the one they had blocked after someone in England tried to used it for internet shopping. Thank goodness my bank found the transaction suspicious and it didn´t go through. But, guess what? My new card doesn´t work. The ATM refused to complete the transaction. I contacted the UK bank and they checked and said my card is fine. Now what? It is so frustrating and I have no access to my money.

Modern life and technology are getting too complicated for this old fogey, I can tell you. All this of course on top of my back troubles and toilet saga. I´m glad this week is over.

 

4 comments:

  1. Could be simply a timing issue; I had a similar problem with a bank card recently after two stoppages by the bank (they are doing loads of these stoppages at the moment and although it is nice to know they care there is something a little odd about so many stoppages by one bank but I'll not go into that). Back to what I was saying, the card may suddenly have come to life in 24 hours time. Mine did. Modern technology has to be kept up with or else we will get left behind and I don't intend to let that happen if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right about it being a timing issue Rachel. I shall try to use the card again on Monday. These sort of problems are difficult to sort out when you live in another country, it took a month for my new card to arrive by post!

      Delete
  2. Well, no wonder you are despairing. You're having to go through so much lately with your back problems etc. Now all this financial worry making things even worse. Really hoping for better times for you.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wendy, here´s hoping.

    ReplyDelete