Tuesday 19 July 2022

Home again

I had a lovely long weekend with all the family in a beautiful place. It was a large ranch-style house with 5 en suite bedrooms plus an attic bedroom which slept seven! There was a pool, barbecue grill, pizza oven, games room, sitting room with open fireplace and a massive kitchen as well as a wraparound porch. I think originally the house was some wealthy family´s holiday home. 


 

Anyway, we had lots of fun making pizza, barbecuing and playing charades, and a little alcohol was taken (ahem). The nights were nice and chilly so the fire was appreciated. I think I can say a good time was had by all.


 

On Sunday, on the way home (a three-hour journey) I started feeling as if I was coming down with a cold and by the time I got home I had quite a temperature. I spent yesterday in bed with what I thought was ´flu but today I tested positive for Covid. Oh well, at least nobody else seems to have caught it so far.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely pic of your family. Glad the holiday went well and the accommodation looked great. I really loved the idea of a wraparound porch. Hope your back didn't restrict you too much. Toby will now keep you company through Covid.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´d love to live in a house like that, but not so far from the family. Covid has rather knocked the stuffing out of me but Toby is good company.

      Delete