Sunday 10 July 2022

A round tuit

I have just realised my apartment is full of round tuits. I finally yielded to force majeure - also known as daughter - and decided to employ a cleaner because of my bad back. I have resisted this for so long but finally ran out of excuses. She came for a day last week and I think I´ll ask her to come every couple of weeks.

Seeing my apartment through her eyes as I showed her around and explained things made me aware of how many little problems I have allowed to accumulate. If something goes wrong and you don´t fix it right away you can become used to the problem and end up ignoring it, especially if you live alone as I do. Just little things like a dripping tap, a jammed shutter or a loose wire. Things you put off fixing with the intention of getting a round tuit sometime! I must do better.


2 comments:

  1. Is round tuit a family expression in your family or is it Brazilian? I used to have cleaner and miss her and my house is badly in need of a clean but finding the right person puts me off looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the expression on a novelty plate in England years ago and it amused me. I think I have struck lucky with my cleaner, she has worked in other flats here for many years and is totally trustworthy and reliable as well as doing a good job.
      Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete