Sunday 20 March 2022

Another mask post!

I had to laugh a couple of days ago when I went to the gym. I was greeted by the receptionist, a bearded chap who knew my name and whose voice was familiar. My mind went blank but after a few seconds the penny dropped and I realised he was the person who greeted me there every morning...except I´d never seen him without a mask before. When I saw my trainer a few minutes later he turned out to have a beard as well! I had always visualised them both as clean-shaven as their masks covered every vestige of facial hair. It was a funny experience.

Last week the mandate for masks in enclosed spaces was finally lifted, except for in lifts and on public transport. Life appears to be getting slowly back to normal but it feels strange, the mask mandate was in force here for 22 months which is long enough to make it feel normal. As I said before, when the open-air mandate was lifted, I´m going to carry on wearing mine for a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Yes a lot of people we meet will suddenly notice that we are looking older (after 2yrs) when the masks do come off!
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking older...oops, hadn´t thought of that!

      Delete
  2. Btw - you are still impressing me with 'the gym'!
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, I´ve only just seen this comment!

      Delete