Monday 28 March 2022

A long time coming


 On the 17th of January 2020 (two years and two months ago) I bought a ticket to fly to Spain on April 14th. Naturally it didn´t happen as flights were cancelled at the beginning of the pandemic. I was offered and accepted a voucher since I hoped to maybe be able to travel later in the year. When it became obvious that all travel plans were on hold indefinitely I asked for a refund...and waited...and waited. The airline would not reply to emails or messages or answer the phone and I just gave up after more than two years even though it was rather a lot of money.

To my surprise last week I received an email from the airline saying they had unsuccessfully tried to deposit my refund in my bank account. I had actually changed banks some time ago and informed them of that fact. Anyway, after a bit of hassle filling in forms online etc we got it sorted and lo and behold...I got my money back...wonders never cease.

Photo by Marco Tjokro on Unsplash 

6 comments:

  1. Where you returning to Spain to repeat the el Camino walk? Just kidding, that was quite an accomplishment. My niece and nephew are planning to do the Portugal route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary. Yes, I was going to do another Camino, it would have been my fifth, they are rather addictive! I haven´t done the Portuguese yet but it is on my list. Buen Camino to your niece and nephew.

      Delete
    2. Can you recommend a book by someone that's done el Camino. Shirley MacLaine wrote one. I'm too old, but the adventure fascinates me. I was in southern Spain over 50 years ago. So beautiful.

      Delete
    3. I don´t know how old you are, Mary, I´m 75 and there are people older than I am walking the Camino. I haven´t read any books on the Camino so can´t really recommend any but Amazon has quite a few. If you just enter "books on Camino de Santiago" in the search bar you will find them. Both Shirley MacLaine and Pedro Coelho´s books are a bit too woo woo for my taste.

      Delete
  2. You might like Margaret Butterworth's camino blog. It is called Camino Confidential and used to be on my sidebar but I removed it when Margaret wasn't active. I think she is now preparing for another Camino walk perhaps. If you Google Margaret's name or Camino Confidential it will take you to her blog. She used to work in a school near me but now lives in Perth W. Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, I´ll have a look for it.

      Delete