Friday 22 May 2009

Still alive and kicking - just!

I meant to try and keep up my posts, but there is usually a queue for the internet and I am using my 20 minutes for emailing family and friends. This is just a quick post to say all is going well, I have done about 160km so far, averaging about 20km a day. I am keeping loads of notes and will have to post it all properly later on. No problems with the legs or feet, although some peoples` feet are absolutely raw from blisters. My only problem is my rucksack. For some reason I can´t get it adjusted properly and after a couple of hours I start getting a sharp pain under my right shoulder blade. It wears off once I`ve finished for the day so hopefully I´m not doing any damage to myself. The Camino is amazing, everything I hoped it would be. You meet up with some really nice people and form a large loose group, bumping into each other every day or so. It is wonderful to get up in the morning not knowing what the day will bring. The weather started off cold and pouring with rain, but after a couple of days it cleared up and now it is very hot after mid-morning. I will try and put an occasional post up, just to say I am still going strong!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting through the first days of the Camino.
    Just post where you are . I know big cities are supposed to be easier to post.

    I think you are right, the camino is really about people.

    Got my boots today after weeks of searching...current boots are being retired...

    Anyway..buen camino..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is going well for you and that your feet are blister free.
    Hope the "Beast" gets better and does not keep giving you pain...enjoy every moment..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know your doing well and enjoying yourself.
    Ian and Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments, folks. All encouragement very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It is wonderful to get up in the morning not knowing what the day will bring."

    Yes indeed; sights,smells ,sounds,people & events.

    Buen Camino

    crackmrmac....Brian

    ReplyDelete