Thursday 1 June 2023

Fingerprints

There are a couple of turnstiles in the reception area of my gym. You have to go through one in order to enter and you do this by having your fingerprint read by a sensor.

There is only one problem with this, as far as I´m concerned - my fingerprints are so faint they appear to be practically unreadable. I don´t know whether they have worn away due to age, a lifetime of housework or my activities as a potter, but they just don´t work!. Instead I have to key in a sequence of 17 numbers which is a bit of a faff to say the least...one wrong and you have to start over. Anyway, without fingerprints maybe I should consider coming out of retirement and become a Pink Panther, or rather a Gray Panther?

Photo by George Prentzas at Unsplash 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, my fingerprints are the same, they just don't register! In one of my jobs I was required to clock on using my fingerprints, causing all sorts of problems. I considered taking up a life of crime, ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should form a partnership (lol)!

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you could go to another gym where they don't read fingerprints. So far, I wasn't required anywhere to use my fingerprints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This gym is two minutes away, which helps to incentivate me to go every day.

      Delete