Thursday 24 February 2022

Masks

I´ve just heard on the news that masks will continue to be compulsory here until March 31st. This rule has been in place since the beginning of the pandemic and I am glad to say the vast majority comply without any trouble. If you are walking down the street, entering a shop or restaurant or any other business, even your own building, you have to wear a mask until you have closed your front door behind you.

Since most establishments have security guards it would be easy to enforce this rule, but I have never seen anyone objecting to wearing a mask or trying to enter a building without one. I must admit I find this most reassuring, being in the 'age risk' bracket myself. I know they are a pain...they´re hot, get damp with perspiration, make your ears stick out and fog up your glasses...but what the heck, it´s worth it. I´ve even got used to wearing one on the treadmill.

When we are eventually able to go out maskless I know it will feel very strange indeed. The other day I was at the pottery studio and temporarily removed my mask to blow my nose. A fellow potter started laughing and said "I´ve known you for nearly two years and this is the first time I´ve seen your face"!

 Photo by Anshu A on Unsplash

4 comments:

  1. I am sure many people will continue wearing masks here even though we don't have to. It is good to have that freedom of choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rachel. When masks are no longer compulsory here I may continue to wear one in crowded places for a while at least.

      Delete
  2. The pottery class comment made us smile! As I said in January, my husband is classed as high risk re the virus. I hate wearing a mask (steamed up specs etc) but will continue with one plus all the sanitizing. You have my admiration for being able to wear one while using the treadmill.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, I must admit the mask on the treadmill has been a struggle!

      Delete