Monday 28 February 2022

Another loss

Last week we suffered another loss from our little group, again very sad news. This time it wasn´t Covid, she was very elderly and I understand it was her heart. Maria Helena was an excellent knitter, sewer, crocheter and cook, she had all the old-fashioned homemaker accomplishments. Despite her age she was bright as a button and loved discussing the latest world events.

I remember so well how kind she was to me a couple of years ago after two surgeries I had. When I was home from hospital she would pop round to bring me home-made treats, always refusing to come in as she didn´t want to disturb me. R.I.P. Maria Helena.


2 comments:

  1. Such a sad loss - she sounded a very nice person and will be much missed I am sure.
    Wendy(Wales)

    ReplyDelete