Saturday 5 February 2022

Just my luck!

Well, I´m feeling pretty poorly at the moment - runny nose, constant sneezing, headache, temperature and a dry cough - no, it is not Covid, my test came back negative but I haven´t had such a heavy cold for years. 

The timing could not be worse as my granddaughter who lives in London arrived today for a two-week visit, one week of which she will be away at the beach. I haven´t seen her for a couple of years and was really looking forward to spending time together. I can´t risk giving her my cold and spoiling her holiday, especially as she had Covid just over a week ago so is a bit fragile herself. Hopefully I can spend the day with her on her birthday but all other plans are on hold.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is just coming out and is about to pass its worst and in a couple of days will be gone. Isn't that how colds work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ve been like this for 5 days now. My concern is I don´t know for how long I´ll remain infectious and she´s going to the beach in 3 day´s time.

      Delete