Monday 13 November 2023

Too hot

Yesterday was the second hottest day here in São Paulo since records began. Today it feels even worse. The temperature indoors in my apartment was 32°C in the afternoon and this morning at 9:30 it was already 30°C indoors. It´s over 37°C outside.

I walked to the studio and back this morning, very slowly and trying to keep to the shade but I think I´ll avoid going out for the rest of the week while this heat wave lasts, it is just unbearable out there. Last night I slept with the fan on all night otherwise I wouldn´t have been able to get any sleep.

Unfortunately I can´t install conventional air conditioning as there can be no external additions to the building (for aesthetic reasons, for heavens sake!). The only AC I could have is a portable one and since my flat is mostly open plan it wouldn´t be effective. So fans are the answer, although at the moment they are blowing hot air! It´ll all end with another tremendous storm, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Darn, with those temperatures you really need Aircon . That's the trouble with fans, when the air is so hot they blow hot air and don't help at all. Cold showers help, a little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold showers, I agree, and walking around (indoors!) in my undies.

      Delete