Sunday 3 April 2022

Cleaning windows

Question: how do you clean windows when you live eight floors up? Answer: you don´t! 

My windows are too wide and tall for me to reach out to clean them properly, even on a ladder and using one of those extension things. Plus it is risky. Despite my best efforts I always ended up with that 'V' shape in the middle where I couldn´t reach, like you get on a dirty car windscreen...and the next time it rained they were dirty again because of the pollution. Life is too short for such concerns.

I gave up the struggle a couple of years ago and found to my surprise that my windows do not get steadily dirtier for some reason, at a certain point they stop and unless the sun is streaming in at a certain angle they don´t look too bad at all. Result!



6 comments:

  1. My windows are currently splashed with Sahara sand. I am hoping they eventually "clean" themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for you, or maybe a garden hose would help it along.

      Delete
    2. I have tried the garden hose trick in the past and the outcome is that it just makes it worse, very much worse.

      Delete
    3. Oh dear, a question of patience then.

      Delete
  2. You certainly found the solution. I must have done the same thing without realising. Our windows are very tall so the bottom panes get cleaned and then the top ones and upstairs are done using your method - ie try to ignore for as long as possible and let the weather take care of them.
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete