Wednesday 20 October 2021

No jaboticabas!

Well I can´t say I´m surprised. The jaboticaba tree has been stripped bare before the fruit had a chance to ripen properly, even down to the tiny green inedible ones. Human nature, hey... here is what they look like when ready to eat - photos taken at the farmers market



Reminds me of the tale about a pizza party where it looked as if there wouldn´t be enough food to go around so some people helped themselves to three slices in order to guarantee their 'share' while others took just one slice in the hope there would be enough for all.

In other news, I´ve just had my booster vaccine, Pfizer this time, thank goodness. My arm aches a bit but other than that all is well.

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to trim Toby. Since his last session at the groomers when he came home trembling and limping there is no way I´m taking him back there. The clippers are a bit frightening to use but I am slowly getting the hang of it (thank goodness for YouTube!) and I use scissors on the awkward bits. He seems to be taking it fairly well although he doesn´t like his paws being touched. His well being is more important to me than his appearance, which is just as well as a Yorkie trim is quite complicated.


4 comments:

  1. You really do look after dear little Toby - someone after my own heart Sansthing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy - I´ll show you how it turned out tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Indeed...I stopped using professional groomers years ago for my Cairn Terriers and visited Youtube instead. Much easier than dealing with the aftermath of a bad visit to the groomers. Short, slow and steady always wins the day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Camille. Glad to hear I´m not the only one, I thought maybe I was being overprotective!

      Delete